Quality, Commitment, Service
We understand that selling your business can be both an exciting and challenging time for business owners. We provide a hands on approach to assist you every step of the way, while also ensuring that the value of your business is maximised.
- Develop a sales strategy.
- Prepare and distribute an Information Memorandum on the business.
- Identify interested parties and develop a competitive environment for the sale of the business.
- Negotiate with prospective purchasers.
- Guide you through Heads of Terms, right through to completion of the deal.
- Advise on any corporate or personal tax issues and plan accordingly.
Prior to marketing a business, DHKN assist clients in grooming their business for sale. The following measures will not only add value, but will also make the sale process quicker and easier for the vendor:
- Focus on sales. The value of your business will correlate closely to increases or decreases in sales, so targeting sales growth is a must.
- Review operating costs. Your business should be lean and efficient. What further improvements can be made?
- Develop a strong management team and a clear organisation structure. It is important to be able to demonstrate to potential buyers that the business will run just as smoothly without you, the owner, at its helm.
- Address risk areas now. A prospective purchaser will carry out due diligence and will uncover any risk areas such as over reliance on key parties. Address these areas now and ensure a much smoother process.
- Consider your business structure. Few business of any size are sale ready without some restructuring.
- Prepare your documents. Compile key documents now such as leases and contracts. These will be required as part of the sale process.
- Obtain professional advice. Strategic planning and tax advice will ultimately help you maximise the value of your business.